Turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years it is believed to be originally used as a dye. The active ingredient curcumin, is believed to have many health benefits. Turmeric benefits in health have been slowly discovered since its first use. It has been traditional used to treat many ailments such as arthritis and inflammation. Recently it has been studied for its possible benefits for Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.
A Few of Turmeric Benefits
In this post we are going to list some turmeric benefits that give this spice more important uses than just as a dye.
- Turmeric has natural antiseptic properties and has been traditionally used to treat cuts bruises and burns.
- It is believed to reduce the risk of childhood leukemia.
- In trials in mice, turmeric has shown to improve lung damage in mice and slow the spread of cancer.
- It has traditional uses in China as a treatment for depression.
- It antioxidant properties make it a liver detoxifier.
- It is being studied for its treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. My clearing the plaque buildup in the brain it can slow the progression of the disease.
- It may slow the spread of many different types of cancer.
- Turmeric has natural anti-inflammatory properties. Its limited side effects make it a better substitute for some drugs. As an anti-inflammatory it can be used for treatment in arthritis.
- It is being studied in the treatment of melanoma. Traditionally, it has been believed to help skin tone and tan.
- Is a natural pain reliever and cox-2 inhibitor.
- It has been shown to increase healing on damaged skin. And as a treatment for psoriasis.
- It may have benefits in weight loss, and increasing metabolism.
- Its benefits for treating multiple sclerosis in mice are currently being studied.
- Turmeric is being studied as a possible treatment for multiple myeloma.
Turmeric is also available as a supplement in pill form and could be found in most health stores.