Sunflower is a brilliant yellow flower which is a representation of the sun in many cultures. It is known to face the sun. This flower is native to American subcontinent and has been introduced to many parts of the world. Sunflower seeds health benefits have however been consumed by people since ancient times and they are used to extract sunflower oil which is used in cooking.
Sunflower Seeds Health Benefits due to nutrition facts :
- Amino acids : Sunflower seeds health benefits seeds provide protein, a large part of which is amino acids. They are essential compounds require by the body for specific purposes and they too lead to deficiency diseases.It is important to get them from diet.
- Tryptophan : They provide this amino acid which helps in better regulation of mood and sleep. Tryptophan is also found in bananas and some other foods.
- Vitamin E : sunflower seeds health benefits are a good source of Vitamin E. This vitamin is good for the skin and promotes better overall health. Its deficiency leads to a series of diseases which result in damage to red blood cells and nervous system. This vitamin also promotes better heart health.
- B spectrum vitamins : Sunflower seeds health benefits provide Vitamin B 1, Vitamin B 5 and Folate.
- Sunflower seeds health benefits also provides Copper to the body which helps in production of red blood cells and in certain enzyme processes.
- They are an excellent source of Vitamin B 6 , Iron and Magnesium. The presence of magnesium in high amount in sunflower seeds health benefits may be beneficial in reducing pain that occurs in fibromyalgia.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in omega 6 fatty acids. Sunflower seeds health benefits is anti-inflammatory in nature.
- Protein : Eating just a few sunflower seeds health benefits provides good amount of protein. They are a good source of protein in vegetarian diet.
- Selenium in sunflower seeds health benefits has the ability to lower cancer risk.
- Sunflower seeds health benefits can also be helpful in lowering high blood pressure.
Sunflower Seeds Health Benefits
Calories in sunflower seeds health benefits : They are very energy dense. 100 grams of dried sunflower seeds provide about 550 calories. Sunflowers grow in America since ancient times. They have been use by numerous civilizations ( like Native Americans ) for their medicinal benefits as well.
- Some health benefits of sunflower seeds were use to boost eyesight and to preserve it.
- Sunflower seeds health benefits contain lots of dietary fiber and thus relieve constipation. Eating sunflower seeds provides an ideal bulk for stool and helps to pass it away.
- They can reduce excess water in the body through a diuretic action. So, sunflower seeds health benefits help to lose water weight.
- It is also believe that sunflower seeds health benefits curb allergies. Many people are allergic to something or other and that thing can cause an allergic reaction.
- Sunflower seeds health benefits are food for long distance travel that people of ancient times used to undertake. They would walk or run for miles to neighboring areas and eat from pouches of sunflower seeds and chia seeds. So, they can be use by people who perform endurance sports like long distance running.
Sunflower seeds are love by birds. They can be fed to pet birds and those that flock to the house. Sunflower seeds make a great snack. They can eaten directly or after roasting them. They are add to confectionery to introduce a unique flavor. Sunflower seeds take time to open and can help a person avoid food cravings because he or she is indulge in opening up the seeds. Sunflower seeds health benefits are really good for your health.