Seaweeds provide us with minerals, vitamins, stimulate metabolism and purify us inside. Do you know how to use them? In this article we explain their properties and benefits, and how preparations and cook that dish can add
There are several studies showing that in areas where more seaweed is consumed, people are living longer and sohealthy . And no wonder, considering that the seaweed nutrition facts can be up to twenty times greater than that of any other vegetable.
Health Benefits Of Seaweed
The regular consumption of seaweed benefit the health of the whole family:
- They are absolutely remineralizantes , which directly affects bone health and general biochemical function of the body.
- Stimulate the functioning of the thyroid gland and, therefore metabolism . People with thyroid problems (especially hyperthyroidism ) should avoid drinking alcohol altogether.
- They are very alkalizing , which helps offset the acidosis caused by excess in the consumption of meat orprocessed foods .
- They are extremely cleansing , cleanse the blood, stimulate the functioning of the kidneys and liver , eliminate toxins and reduce the absorption of heavy metals.
- Regulate blood pressure .
- They maintain skin, hair and nails in a very healthy state.
- Thinning and concentrations dissolve fat and mucus deposits created by excess in the consumption of milk .
Seaweed Nutrition Facts
The huge profits that contribute the seaweed derived directly from seaweed nutrition facts itself . The seaweed are the oldest evolutionarily speaking and hence the plant rich in minerals that you provide, can not be compared with any other vegetable. An important detail to note is that the algae do not absorb as much pollution as the fish , as in the highlystressed areas of contamination simply can not grow. Therefore, it is a very clean and organic source of essential nutrients . Some of them are:
The minerals we need most
All species of seaweed in general are extremely rich in iron and calcium (in fact the seaweed are among the richest plant elements in these minerals). They also contain significant amounts of magnesium and potassium . But perhaps the most important, along with input iron and calcium than the iodine , a difficult mineral to get out of the sea.
According to the University of Montreal Mcgill this acid allows the natural elimination of toxins and heavy metals out of our body.
Wealth of vitamins
The seaweed are rich in vitamin A , group B (except B12 ), C , D , E and K.
Proteins and carbohydrates
The seaweed also contain significant amounts of carbohydrate compounds, which are most beneficial to the body, and vegetable protein. It is important to know the particularities of vegetable protein, as one of the types of proteins , to take full advantage.
Variety of seaweed
Plants or seaweed have a variety of species. Usually they grow more abundantly in cold water and in the winter. They all contain chlorophyll and perform photosynthesis functions depending on the amount of light that reaches the sea area where they live. Most of the algae green have been developed in areas near the surface, something deeper brown and red in the deeper areas and places with less light.
As in the terrestrial natural realm there are many toxic species in the marine realm of seaweed is not the case. All algae are edible . But yes, not everyone appreciates your taste or is willing aa consume different varieties.
The seaweed are not normally in traditional supermarkets, but we will find a variety of them in ecological establishments. Some of these common varieties include wakame , kombu , arame, nori, dulse, hiziki or agar-agar.
The seaweed are sold dry, so that both storage and subsequent use is very comfortable and can be stored for very long periods of time with all seaweed nutrition facts. Before use must be put in soak for a few minutes in some cases, or cook them for a while in others, depending on the variety of algae that we will use. Some considerations to take into account are:
- Once purchased, it is better to keep the seaweed in airtight containers and tightly closed.
- As you go familiar with using you go you getting used to the quantities needed, but the first few times you go to consume seaweed , remember that grow considerably in size once soaked , so you should use very small amounts. The hiziki or wakame grow much, however, dulse and arame grow poorly.
- Wash them in cold water before soaking.
Soak times depending on the type of seaweed
Here we show you the approximate times that you should soak or cook different types of algae :
- Wakame: Soaking less than 5 minutes, drain, cut and eaten raw or added to any stew or dish.
- Dulse: Soaking less than 5 minutes, drain, cut and eaten raw or added to any stew or dish.
- Agar-agar: Soak 10 minutes and use in salads or cook for 10 minutes to make jelly.
- Kombu: Depending on the source of the algae need between 30 minutes and 1 hour of cooking.
- Hiziki: Cook for at least 30 minutes and consume.
- Arame: Soak for 10 minutes or cook for 5 minutes and consume.
- Nori: can cook for 5 minutes to add to mashed or roasted on the fire, oil for 10 seconds to prepare sushi.
Adding seaweed to dishes
Undoubtedly, with the passage of time and experience you will discover new ways to incorporate these delicious seaweed to your dishes in a thousand different ways. For starters, try adding small handfuls:
- in salads
- in soups
- in stews
- in potajes
- In homemade pates
And keep in mind that the best way to remember to use them often have them in sight in the kitchen and use a variety of them all along the week, ideally a type of seaweed every day.
A little history
View the health benefits and seaweed nutrition facts , we can understand how positive it is to integrate them into our diet. In our modern industrialized society we relate the word disease with hospitals and medicine and seem to have forgotten that the quality of a diet and lifestyle definitely influence our health.
However, our ancestor s were much more connected to Mother Nature and were guided by tradition and intuition, using natural resources to maintain health and vitality. The algae are one of those foods consume liberally from antigüedad for its excellent nutritional properties, along with cereals integrals, legumes , the vegetables and nuts. It is not surprising, seen its many properties. Indeed, the algae have been used by people around the world , from Chinese Hawaiian populations, through Celts, Romans, Gauls , or Vikings.
People who have used these sea vegetables as a tonic supply in travel and battles, or that have been at the mercy of kings and important personalities for their medicinal, nutritional and therapeutic properties . But of all people who appreciated and integrated into the nutrition sea kelp , the prize goes to the Japanese diet. This is the richest in seaweed and more creative in incorporating them their culinary delicacies. Japan consumes more than it is capable of producing throughout your teeming shore of cultures of all species.
We propose to combine in an efficient manner the advantages that brought us the technological advancement with the wisdom inherited from thousands of years ago. With this approach, and l consumption of seaweed at all ages will strengthen our health and reduce our dependence on hospitals and advanced technologies.Follow our advice and incorporate into the diet.
Taste, nutrition and health guaranteed!
In addition to the seaweed nutrition facts , we also suggest you to throw a hand of other famous foods for their beneficial properties such as sesame seeds , the broccoli or green tea … Learn to develop a balanced diet !