It is very easy to roast sweet and hot peppers at home and once you have tried this recipe and tasted roasted red peppers, you will never want those jarred ones again. You can enjoy these freshly roasted red peppers in sandwiches, salads, Mexican dishes or have them alone too.
When you roast these peppers, you will find a new depth in their taste with a peppery flavor that is hard to beat.
Roasted Red Peppers
There are several ways to roast red peppers. You can roast them in oven, on grill or a gas cook top. Depending on what type of cooking appliance you have and how you prefer to make them, you can get the best results. But still, you need to be careful when roasting these peppers and keep a watchful eye.
When roasting red peppers, you will find their flavors deepening with just the removal of their skin. For some recipes that is enough. But for other recipes, one may need to follow a more traditional way of roasting these red peppers, where you need to soak the peppers in oil and flavor them in spices. Know beforehand how you are going to use the roasted red peppers and follow the right recipe.
Roasting red peppers you will need:
- 2 lbs. red peppers
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- pinch of basil
- red pepper flakes
- Wash the red peppers carefully and dry them.
- Place them in a bowl and rub the olive oil on them.
- Put these peppers on the baking tray or sheet.
- Place the tray in the oven or on the grill.
- Roast the peppers for about 10 minutes.
- Keep turning them frequently to avoid any burning.
You will know they are roasted when their red skin looks all blacked and blister on all sides. Remove the peppers gently and place them a brown paper bag. Roll up the bag to seal tightly and let it rest for about 15 minutes. This will make it easier for you to remove that skin.
Take the peppers out of the paper bag and remove the skins gently. Remove the stems and seeds. Take the peppers and slice them lengthwise into thick strips. You can cut them as you like and how you are going to use them.
Place the skinned roasted red peppers in the jar or bowl. Add olive oil, Oregano, garlic, basil and salt and red pepper flakes as per your taste. Mix well. You can serve them right away or store them in your refrigerator. Serve either warm or cold as an excellent addition to any platter.
Nutrition value of roasted red peppers
These are just about 25 calories in the roasted red peppers that are a rich source of protein.
More Similar Post Like Roasted Red Peppers
- The Association between Digestive Supplements and Enzymes
- Do you Really Need Digestive Enzyme Supplements and Probiotics?
- The Truth about Digestive Bacteria Supplements
- What you Need to Know about Dairy Digestive Supplements
- Kiwi Fruit Nutrition Facts – Raw Power for Better Health
- Beetroot Juice Benefits
- Beetroot Benefits – The amazing beetroot
- How Vegetables are Roasted
- Roasted Green Beans
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds