Pomegranate health benefits of juice and seeds. Pomegranate is deep red in color and it is assumed to help in making blood healthier. Pomegranate has been the subject of great interest for ancient civilizations and their mythology, partly because of the large number of seeds in it. In fact, both pomegranate fruit and its seed. The fruits are mostly juiced or eaten directly.
Pomegranate health benefits of juice from its nutrition facts :
- Benefits for the heart and arteries : Pomegranate protects the heart and keeps the blood healthier. It therefore forms an indispensable part of the diet of people who are at risk for heart disease or those who suffer from it.
- It is a powerful antioxidant : Pomegranate is a wonderful antioxidant and prevents oxidative damage of body cells and LDL in particular.
- Skin : Pomegranate is great for the skin. By eating pomegranate, one promotes the formation of a type of collagen which repairs skin damage.
- It provides good amounts of Vitamin C, Folate, Vitamin K and Manganese.
- Pomegranate seems to be helpful in improving the mood and relieving anxiety. Many people who suffer from troublesome anxiety can take more pomegranate for its calming effects.
- Pomegranate regulates blood pressure and helps in normalizing both higher and lower blood pressure.
- It is also helpful for the kidneys in working better.
- Pomegranate juice may be helpful in case of a viral infection. Drinking it during the time of viral disease can help to recover quickly. Therefore, it is believed to help in diseases like hepatitis, viral throat infections and rhinitis.
- Pomegranate juice is used for toning up sagging skin produced by aging.
- It is helpful for the throat and helps to clear hoarse voice due to any reason. It can help in keeping the voice stronger .
- Pomegranate juice is useful in killing the parasites that may be living in the intestines. This is very helpful in improving the health of a person infected by these blood and nutrient absorbing parasites.
Health benefits of pomegranate seeds :
- Dental hygiene : Chewing pomegranate seeds for some time in the mouth helps to rub off the dental plaque and coating on the tongue. This cleans the mouth well.
- It is a natural bowel cleansing agent. Pomegranate seeds, much like guava seeds are great as gentle abrasives for the intestine. It also helps in relieving constipation.
Pomegranate seed oil is taken from pomegranate seeds and is used in massage to improve the structure of skin. It is generally used in minute quantities by dissolving it in carrier oils. Pomegranate seed oil is good for excessively dry skin.Pomegranate flowers too are useful. These lovely red flowers can be put into a bowl of water and then the water is boiled. This water is used to soothe inflammation in the throat.
Pomegranate is not only known for its delicious fruit but also for the medicinal benefits of other parts of the tree. Its bark is a much more effective treatment for intestinal parasites. This fact has been known since ancient Egypt.