Health benefits of watermelon juice , seeds and rind. These watery foods are full of watery juice. Watermelon may seem full of water, but they have a great profile of nutrition facts. With a high water content, they are great for increasing the hydration of body. It can relieve dehydration easily.
Health benefits of watermelon Juice :
- Diuretic : Watermelon is a good diuretic. It provides the body with water and also helps the body to flush out toxins from the kidney. Water is important in functioning of the kidneys.
- Water : Watermelon have high amounts of water. This replenishes the water content of cells in a dehydrated person. In that case, watermelon can relieve the effects of dehydration.
- Blood pressure : Watermelon has the ability to relieve high blood pressure and lower it down. High blood pressure is quite dangerous for the internal organs and also for the brain. It can increase the negative effects of stress.
- Cardiovascular health : Watermelon has a nutrient known as citrulline. It converts into arginine which is an amino acid. Arginine helps in improving cardiovascular health.
- Antioxidants : Watermelon has good amounts of antioxidants. They protect the cells of the body from damage by free radicals.
- Anti-Cancer activity : Watermelons have good concentration of lycopene, a nutrient which is found in tomatoes as well. This nutrient has some anti-cancer activity. That is what makes tomatoes and watermelons helpful to prevent the risk of cancer.
- Vision : Eating watermelons regularly boosts vision. It prevents gradual lowering of eyesight.
- Anti-inflammatory : Watermelon have some anti-inflammatory effect. This contributes to lowering inflammation and reducing the pain in conditions like arthritis and gout.
- Dilation of blood vessels : Watermelon can increase the concentration of nitric oxide in body which allows the blood vessels to expand. This allows easier and more relaxed flow of blood.
Nutrition facts about watermelon :
- It is high in Vitamin C and smaller amounts of Vitamin A, Vitamin B-5 and many other vitamins and minerals.
- Watermelon nutrition facts are high in lycopene and citrulline. These are special nutrients that watermelon provides. Watermelon rind is specially high in citrulline and many other nutrients.
Health benefits of watermelon seeds :
- Watermelon seeds are good for alleviating anemia. They are source of iron which is easily absorbed in the body.
- They are also excellent source of zinc which is important for proper development of a child.
- Watermelon seeds are also a good source of protein. It can assist in reaching the daily minimum requirement of protein pretty easily when used in conjunction of other protein rich foods.
Watermelon seeds add flavor to a variety of confections and desserts. They are quite versatile and can be added to many foods. These seeds can also be roasted and spices can be added to make it much more delicious. They can then be eaten as a snack.