It is a lovely, delicious fruit. The inside of a grapefruit can be white or pink. But, the most famous ones are the red ones. Grapefruit is a citrus fruit which comes from Caribbean islands. It is actually a hybrid of other citrus fruits. Some health benefits of grapefruit has a distinctive taste and flavor.
Health Benefits of Grapefruit :
- It is the main constituent of the health benefits of grapefruit diet which is specially formulated for weight loss. Grapefruit diet consists mainly of low calorie foods which have low glycemic index and thus may help in achieving weight loss.
- Health benefits of grapefruit reduces the risk of developing certain cancers, mainly because of the lycopene content in it. This is similar to the effect of tomatoes nutrition facts and watermelons nutrition facts.
- It is also being research for its ability to prolong the life of certain organisms, which may serve as the basis for developing something that can increase the life expectancy of humans.
- Tumor : health benefits of grapefruit also provides nutrients that prevent the beginning of tumor by helping the body release out any toxins.
- Kidney stones : People who develop frequent kidney stones can greatly reduce their risk of getting them by eating grapefruit and drinking its juice regularly. Health benefits of grapefruit alters the environment of urine in kidneys and prevent formation of oxalic acid based stones.
Grapefruit Nutrition Facts :
- It is a good source of vitamin C and Vitamin A.
- Health benefits of grapefruit also provide the nutrient lycopene.
- Health benefits of grapefruit also provides small amounts of other vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B 5, Vitamin B 1 , Magnesium and Potassium.
- Some varieties of grapefruit also contain anthocyanin. It is found in many color fruit like mulberry and is a powerful nutrient. Health benefits of grapefruit can lower the risk of cancer, diabetes and nervous system diseases.
- Citric acid : Since it is a citrus fruit, health benefits of grapefruit contains citric acid. This helps the liver and kidneys to flush out toxins.
- Naringenin : This is a special nutrient in health benefits of grapefruit that promotes repair of damaged DNA in cells.
- Calories : It contains few calories ( about 30 calories per 100 gram ). Much of the fruit is water by weight.
Health Benefits Of Grapefruit Juice :
Drinking the juice of grapefruit provides many antioxidants. In fact, health benefits of grapefruit juice is one of the powerful antioxidants among all fruit juices. It can protect body cells from free radicals and keep the body working better. This juice is also used to help in urinary tract infection (UTI) by many women and men who suffer from these infections.
One of health benefits of grapefruit also helps in a number of common conditions and is used as a home remedy.
- Heartburn : Regular consumption of health benefits of grapefruit helps to lower heartburn and prevent the sharp pain in chest.
- Lowering fever : It has been use as a natural remedy in case of fever.
Interaction with medication : Grapefruit and its juice is know to interact with many different type of medication. Health benefits of grapefruit can lead to serious complications. One should consult the doctor before starting grapefruit in diet.
Health benefits of grapefruit seed is also used for numerous benefits, although they are not proven.
Health benefits of grapefruit peel is use to make an oil that is use in aromatherapy. This is believed to reduce signs of aging like wrinkles when applied on the skin. It is slightly acidic in nature. It helps in making the skin firm and strong.