There are two main types of almonds – the sweet almonds and the bitter almonds. The bitter ones are not eaten because they have some toxic substance in them. Sweet almonds are consumed all over the world. Almonds are great from the point of view of nutrition and provide many health benefits of almonds.
Health Benefits of Almonds because of its nutrition facts :
- Health benefits of almonds are a good source of energy. It contains many complex carbohydrates and provides energy for a long time after eating. About 100 grams of almonds give 550 calories.
- Almonds provide 20 gram of protein in 100 gram consumption. This is quite high in protein for any food. It also provides most of essential amino acids.
- Almonds are a great source of Vitamin E. This Vitamin is a powerful antioxidant. Health benefits of almonds improves nervous system function. It helps to keep the skin healthy too.
- Almond skin has polyphenols and which provide many health benefits.
- They are also a good source of some essential fatty acids, mainly omega – 6 and omega – 9.
- Tryptophan : Health benefits of almonds are a good source of tryptophan which helps in keeping the brain healthy. It is an important substance in the synthesis of serotonin which has mood regulating effects in the brain. This way, almonds are a brain healthy food.
- Health benefits of almonds are a good source of copper which helps in production of red blood cells and can help in anemia.
- Almonds are also a great source of Vitamin B 2 which improves the energy production in the body and Health benefits of almonds can help to alleviate chronic fatigue.
Health benefits of almonds :
- Cholesterol lowering : health benefits of almonds can lower your LDL cholesterol levels and increase the HDL cholesterol. This is a healthier profile of cholesterol in the body.
- They prevent cardiovascular diseases and keep the heart healthy. The healthy essential oils play a major role in this health benefits of almonds.
- The healthy essential oils in almond are slightly beneficial in weight loss. However, there is a word of caution here. Health benefits of almonds are rich in calories and can increase the calorific intake and thus lead to weight gain. So, one should eat health benefits of almonds in proper amounts.
- Eating almonds contributes to a low glycemic index diet. This kind of diet keeps blood sugar levels under control and is beneficial in diabetes.
- Health benefits of almonds can prevent loss of bone density or osteoporosis. They are good for the health of bones and skeletal muscle.
- Eating a few almonds a day is also helpful in constipation.
Health benefits of almond oil :
This health benefits of almonds oil is lightly colored and provides many benefits for the skin.
- Almond oil is used before massage to make the skin smooth and clean. Health benefits of almonds nourishes the skin.
- Health benefits of almonds oil can reduce dark circles under eyes, improve the skin elasticity and reduce wrinkles.
- Pure almond oil can lighten dark spots and other damage caused to the skin by the sun.
Health benefits of almond milk :
Almond milk is a light milk like liquid prepared from almonds. It is quite popular as a nutritional drink that can help with weight loss as it contains few calories. Health benefits of almonds milk is also good for people who have intolerance to milk.
You May Also Like : Do you Really Need Digestive Enzyme Supplements and Probiotics?
More Post About Health Benefits of Almonds
- The Only Almonds Nutrition Facts Resources You Will Ever Need
- How Health Benefits of Almonds Can Help You Live a Better Life
- Warning: You’re Losing Money by Not Using Calories in Almond Milk
- 13 Facts About Almonds Health Benefits That Will Impress Your Friends
- What Mom Never Told You About Almond Butter Nutrition Facts
- What Experts Are Saying About Calories in Almonds
- Just the Right Amount of Calories In Almonds for Everyday Life
- Calories in Almonds, the Amount of Energy Inside
- You Haven’t Seen This Calories in Almonds List on Buzzfeed
- Things Your Boss Expects You Know About Almond Nutrition Facts
- Why Almond Milk Nutrition Facts Beats Peanut Butter on Pancakes