Green leafy vegetables are considered one of the healthiest vegetables which also you can get them for the inexpensive price. The organic ones would be better to consume because they have a defensive response from bugs bitten. It is better for you to consume at least one serving of green leafy vegetables monthly to reduce glaucoma risk by 69%. The below are going to be several green leafy vegetables nutrition facts.
Green Leafy Vegetables Nutrition Facts
Spinach is a home for many phytonutrients which have the function to promotion health and prevent disease. This vegetable has very low fats and calories. Therefore, the dieticians recommend people to consume spinach for weight reduction programs and controlling cholesterol. It is because spinach contains a good amount of soluble dietary fiber. Your body needs an essential trace element to produce red blood cell which is iron. You can get about 25% of daily intake of iron by consuming 100 g fresh spinach. Iron can also be a co-factor for an oxidation-reduction enzyme during the cellular metabolism.
This vegetable is considered as one of the very low-calorie green vegetables which are 15 calories for 100 g fresh lettuce leaves. You can find a lot of vitamins in lettuce. Lettuce fresh leaves are the source of several beta carotenes and vitamin A. You need vitamin A for maintaining healthy skin, mucosa, and vision. Have a good amount consumption of vegetables which are rich in flavonoids like lettuce also helps to protect your body from oral cavity and lung cancers. Lettuce leaves also have other green leafy vegetables nutrition facts. They are rich in vitamin K which is good for increasing bone mass. Also, it has the function to limiting neuronal damage in the brain which is Alzheimer disease.
One of green leafy vegetables nutrition facts of kale is to protect your body against colon and prostate cancers because it contains health-promoting sulforaphane, indole-3-carbinol, and phytochemicals. Indole-3-carbinol is an active immune modulator, antiviral, antibacterial agent through its function of potentiating “Interferon-Gamma” receptors.
More Post About Green Leafy Vegetables Nutrition Facts
- Other Post About Vegetable
- Vegetable Nutrition Facts Chart
- Spock Would Say About Vegetable Nutrition Facts
- Why No One Talks About Kale Nutrition Facts Anymore
- How Lettuce Nutrition Facts Can Help You Live a Better Life
- The Best Ways to Utilize Spinach Nutrition Facts
- Broccoli Facts: The Ultimate Healthy Vegetable
- Nutrition Facts for Broccoli: The Perfect Vegetable for the Health Conscious
- Fight Cancer with Nutrition Facts Broccoli
- Nutrition Facts About Vegetables
- Health Benefits Of Broccoli And Nutrition Facts
- How Calories in Broccoli is Part of a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
- Myths Uncovered About Broccoli Nutrition Facts
- Why Fresh Raw Broccoli Nutrition Facts Ain’t as Good as it Used to Be
- The Truth of Coconut Oil Nutrition Facts You Should Know
- Asparagus Nutrition Facts That You Should Know
- About the Health Benefits of Pomegranate Seed Oil
- If You Read One Article About Canola Oil Nutrition Facts Read this One
- Vegetable Oil Nutrition Facts
- Nutrition Facts on Vegetables
- Get an Idea Of How Many Calories In Vegetables Before Your Diet Programs