What does good nutrition consist of. It consists of a balanced dietary plan based off of a 2000 calorie diet dictated by the foods eaten according to the food pyramid. What is the food pyramid you may ask? This pyramid helps inform the public of the major food areas that people should eat on a regular basis. By failing to eat from certain food groups you will lack the energy and the substances necessary to live a happy and healthy life. You will be more prone to illness and disease without a proper diet.
What Everyone Is Saying About Good Nutrition
What’s Include in the Food Pyramid?
There are six main categories of where you should receive your food sources. Here are the categories: fruits, vegetables, grains, meat and beans, oils and dairy. The following is a run down of some of the foods you can eat in each sub group of the food pyramid for good nutrition:
Six Main Category in Foods
- Fruits: There should be a lot of fruit in your diet. They can be mashed, frozen, whole, cut up or however you like them. Some commonly eaten fruits include apples, apricots, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, oranges, grapes, peaches, pears, grapefruits and papaya.
- Vegetables: There are all kinds of different vegetables so you should eat some from every category type including orange vegetables, dark green vegetables, starchy vegetables, dry beans and peas and other vegetables which do not fall into those categories.
- Grains: Grains are divided into two groups: whole grains and refined grains, both of which you should consume.
- Meat and beans: Commonly consumed meats include chicken, pork, veal, beef and turkey. Also do not forget about your wide selection of fish. Nuts and seeds that you can consume include almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Beans include black beans, kidney beans, lentils and pinto beans.
- Oils: Oils are also an important part of your diet which includes canola oil, olive oil, corn oil and sunflower oil, all at room temperature.
- Dairy: There are many great dairy products which are classify as good nutrition for you. These include milk, cheese and yogurt.
More Similar Post Like Good Nutrition
- A Nutrition Guide For Exercise Nutrition
- How Nutrition Facts Label Made Me a Better Person
- Don’t Hold Back Your Diet and Nutrition
- Four Food Against Bad Breath
- The Evolution of Food Nutrition Facts
- What Everyone Is Saying About Good Nutrition
- Nutrition for Kids Taboos You Should Break
- More Post on Nutrition