If you go out to eat and are on a diet, you can ask to see diet menus in just about any restaurant. Many of these diet menus contain foods that should not be considered a diet food. One example of a diet food that is seen on many diet menus is the cottage cheese plate. Cottage cheese is loaded with fat and usually comes with a slice of canned peach that is loaded with sugar. You are often better off getting a broiled chicken than eating something like this that will not fill you up.
Tricky Things on
Diet menus can be tricky because although you can easily be tricked into thinking that a diet food is actually good for your diet when it is not. In order to make a good decision when it comes to the right diet food off of diet menus, you should carefully take a look at the calorie content as well as carbohydrate and sodium content of the food.
Many diet menus feature salads as the big diet food, but neglect to tell you that the low fat dressing is loaded with sugar. In some cases, you are better off to skip the diet menus and opt for a meal that is cooked as a diet food should be. This means that it is not fried in fats and is broiled. One good diet food that you will enjoy is broiled chicken. This is often found on diet menus and is an excellent choice. Another option is poached seafood. As long as it is not fried or drowned in butter, seafood is usually a very good choice when it comes to a diet food as it is high in omega fats and actually good for lowering cholesterol as well as low in calories. Many diet menus will feature some type of seafood on the menu.
Diet Foods Option
One of the oldest of the diet food options on diet menus is a piece of hamburger with no bun. This is ideal if you are on a high protein diet. The meat with no bun has been on diet menus for a long time, even before the Atkins diet became popular.
If you are a vegetarian and looking for diet menus that will feature a diet food that is low in fat as well as sugars, you will want to stick with salads, but watch the dressings. The dressings are what give the salad the calories. When it comes to lettuce, carrots and celery, you can eat as much as you want as the effort of actually chewing drowns out the calorie content. Salad is a very popular diet food featured on diet menus and is an excellent and healthy choice if you watch the salad dressing. One option that you may want to consider is to just sprinkle the salad with a little bit of balsamic vinegar and forgo the oil. You can eat all you want of the salad in this manner.
Take a look at the diet menus in your favorite restaurants and be sure to read the calorie content as well as the side options, such as dressing, before you make a decision. You may think that a salad is a healthy diet food, but when you add condiments and other ingredients, you often are eating as many calories as you would in a cheeseburger.
More Similar Post Like Diet Menus
- A Nutrition Guide For Exercise Nutrition
- How Nutrition Facts Label Made Me a Better Person
- Don’t Hold Back Your Diet and Nutrition
- Four Food Against Bad Breath
- The Evolution of Food Nutrition Facts
- What Everyone Is Saying About Good Nutrition
- Nutrition for Kids Taboos You Should Break
- More Post on Nutrition
- Why You Should Look At The Nutrition Label on Health Food
- Why Proper Nutrition Is So Important When Dieting
- Why Healthy Nutrition Is The Best Way To Lose Weight
- Why Healthy Foods Should Be A Part Of Your Balanced Diet
- Why Food And Nutrition Is So Important In A Healthy Diet
- Why Diet Pills Are Not A Nutritional Way To Lose Weight
- Why A Vegetarian Diet Promotes Good Nutrition
- Which Diets Help You Lose Weight Fast?
- The Nutrition Info For All The Fad Diets
- The Best Diet Recipes For Your Diet Plan
- The Best Diet Foods For Different Food Programs