If you listen to all the reports available on cranberry juice benefits, you’d likely think that half of the world’s health issues could be solve by having everyone drink 3 or 4 glasses of cranberry juice every day. There are several reasons why cranberry juice gets all of the great press that it does. Cranberry juice benefits are many and varied, to be sure.
Let’s face it – having fruits and vegetables as a significant part of your diet is important. Fruits and vegetables help provide a nice balance of important vitamins and minerals that help lower the overall risk of many diseases. Most already know that when you drink unsweetened fruit juices like pineapple, orange and apple, you are providing your body with key nutrients such as vitamin c as well as a number of antioxidants.
What many people don’t know is that the far less popular juice provides extremely high levels of antioxidants, is a great source of dietary fiber, and Vitamins C and K. The cranberry juice benefits also contains no cholesterol and has a total fat composition of only 0.1 gram, making cranberry juice an extremely low fat and healthy drink.
Cranberry Juice Benefits
Cranberry Growers Know Cranberry Juice Benefits
Cranberries are part of a group of fruits that are grown in cooler climates. In North America, you’ll find them grown in Canada and the northern US states. The world’s largest cranberry grower co-op (Ocean Spray) has growers in British Columbia, northeastern Canada, Wisconsin, Oregon, Massachusetts and New Jersey.
Cranberries are grown on shrubs out in the wild, but in commercial situations, they are grown on vines in bogs. They are bright red and have a somewhat bitter or tart taste. Many people love the slight bitterness of cranberries.
Discovering The Health Benefits Of Cranberry Juice
Outside of the cranberry juice benefits discussed earlier, another big benefit of drinking it and what really is behind a lot of the press it receives is its ability to treat and actually prevent urinary tract infections. The reason for this is that cranberries contain something called hippuric acid that acidifies the urine. This helps to significantly reduce the opportunity of the e-coli bacteria to adhere to the walls of the bladder. Instead, the E-coli bacteria mixes with the urine and away it goes. This is important because it’s believed that nearly 90 percent of all urinary tract infections are cause by E-coli.
One of the primary Cranberry juice benefits is that a single glass of cranberry juice a day can significantly reduce the risk of infection and will also help reduce the possibility of bladder inflation. A diet that includes daily cranberry juice can also help stave off kidney stones as well.
But cranberry juice benefits don’t stop there. Not by a long shot. Researchers have also found additional health benefits of cranberry juice as well. They include:
Cranberry Juice Benefits – Reducing Cholesterol Levels
While drinking cranberry juice every day actually increases your HDL level, which is the “good” cholesterol and at the same time, decreases the levels of LDL, which is the “bad” cholesterol. The bottom line? Less clogging of your arteries which of course is better for your heart.
As mentioned earlier, cranberry juice benefits can also help with kidney stones.
Cranberries contain quinic acid which helps in the prevention of kidney stones. My wife used to have a significant recurring problem of kidney stones. However, since she started drinking cranberry juice twice a day. She’s not had any kidney stone issues for over four years now.
Cranberry juice benefits even include helping those with the Herpes Virus.
You may be thinking is there anything cranberries can’t do? Believe it or not, researchers have found that a compound that is extract from cranberries can actually suppress the genital herpes virus. The tests provided conclusively that the compound made it more difficult for the virus to penetrate cells.
- Cranberries have been shown to protect against Macular Degeneration.
- Cranberry juice benefits even include the reduction in dental plaque.
- Drinking cranberry juice on a regular basis can help you reduce the growth of the bacteria that causes plaque, thereby assisting with the prevention of decay as well as gum disease.
- Stomach Related Issues
- Drinking a glass of cranberry juice every day can also help eliminate the H.pylori bacteria. That has been show to be the cause of stomach cancer and ulcers.
Just How much cranberry juice should you drink?
While many studies have shown a single glass of cranberry juice a day can provide significant health benefits. Drinking up to three glasses a day has been shown to lower the risk of a heart attack by as much as 35%. However, drinking more than three glasses a day can lead to issues such as obesity. Because of the high sugar content in cranberry juice.
Without question, the benefits of drinking 1-3 glasses of cranberry juice are far too numerous not to include it in your daily diet. While my wife loves cranberry juice, I wasn’t always a big fan, thanks to the bitter taste. I solved that by simply diluting it with a few ounces of water. Not only did I find that it tasted a whole lot better, it lasts longer too! So by my drinking 3 glasses of diluted cranberry juice a day. I’m actually getting the benefits of drinking two full strength glasses, which is great!
While most grocers carry cranberry juice, it’s possible they don’t have a brand that you are happy with. The great thing is that no matter where you live, you can enjoy the cranberry juice benefits and buy quality
Related Page About Cranberry Juice Benefits
- Why Cranberry Juice Benefits is the Secret Ingredient
- Health Benefits of Strawberries for Your Health and Beauty
- Why Health Benefits of Blueberries are the Secret Ingredient
- Folk Remedies for Improving Your Life Using Only Calories in Strawberries
- Facts About Calories in Blueberries That’ll Keep You Up at Night
- Strawberries Health Benefits & Nutritional Value
- Facts About Calories In Strawberries That’ll Keep You Up at Night
- Why No One Talks About Carbs In Strawberries Anymore
- How to Cheat at Strawberries Nutrition Facts and Get Away with It
- Strawberry Nutrition in your Diet
- What Everyone Is Saying About Strawberry Nutrition
- Strawberry Nutrition Insights
- What Everyone Is Saying About Blueberry Nutrition Facts
- Why You’ll Never Succeed at Blueberries Nutrition Facts
- Shocking Ways Strawberries Calories Will Make You Better in Bed
- Facts About Blackberries Nutrition Facts That Will Impress Your Friends
- Why Raspberries Nutrition Facts Will Make You Question Everything
- Why No One Talks About Strawberry Nutrition Facts Anymore