Although there is no universally accepted diet, people are usually advised to or not to take certain types of food due to the advantages as well as the disadvantages associated with them. Corn free diet has caused major debate in the health circles; some in support and others against it.
Below are some of the advantages and disadvantages of a corn free diet. Please make sure to also check our article about corn nutrition facts.
Advantages of a Corn Free Diet
A diet which does not have corn free diet has several known advantages. Some of these benefits include:
- Reducing fungal infections: Corn is known to be a good place for growth of fungi. When you maintain corn free diet, the chances of fungi related infections will be lowered thus leading to a good health.
- Reducing body fat: The fat contained in corn free diet is usually high and thus avoiding it helps in keeping the body fat at reasonable levels. Excess fat in the body is usually seen as danger to the functioning of cells in the body. It is worth noting that the more the fat in the body, the higher the chances of you becoming overweight which is considered unhealthy.
- Increase chances of obtaining the necessary minerals for the body: Research has shown that corn free diet contains very little minerals such as calcium. When you avoid a diet without corn, you will have a chance to eat other meals which will offer you these minerals. This will ensure that your body is defended from the diseases associated with lack of minerals.
Disadvantages of a Corn Free Diet
A corn free diet has certain disadvantages which include:
- Corn free diet : High probability of heart related complications
- Low calorie content: Corn is known to be a good place to get calories from. Once you do not include corn free diet in your diet. You may end up having low calorie level in your body. Which is not good for your health.
- High probability of suffering from cancer of the colon. Inclusion of corn in ones diet helps in prevention of cancer associated with the colon. The fibers in corn free diet will help you in achieving this. And lack of it due to less corn will definitely increase the chances of this deadly illness.
- You lose the advantage of very important minerals in corn. Corn free diet is known to be a good source of minerals which play an important role in your body. These very important minerals include copper, Zinc and magnesium among others. These minerals play very important roles such as ensuring that the heart beats normally as well as proper bone development. For magnesium and phosphorous respectively. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid corn free diet as much as possible so as to increase chances of consuming other foods. With high rates of mineral concentrations.
- Keeping anaemia away is made harder: Anaemia is usually brought about by lack of Vitamin B12 and folic acid. These two vitamins are usually found in corn. Therefore a corn free diet will make you more vulnerable to anaemia related complications.
If you are an allergy sufferer you should also check out this ehow article. Experts should come out to ensure that citizens have the right information whether to go for corn free diet or not. This will lead to more healthy citizens.