When discussing the nutrition in food, calories become one thing that mostly talked about by people. Every food truly has its calories, but with a different amount. Some of the have the low level of calories, and some are very high in calories. Calories in Vegetables includes as the lowest one. That is why when it comes to healthy diet, people typically choose consuming vegetables in the daily life. Talking about its calories, each vegetable normally has the different amount of calories. Therefore, knowing some Calories in Vegetables becomes an important thing to control your health.
How many Calories in Vegetables?
The calories in Vegetables different from one vegetable to other veggies. However, almost all of them contain low calories which are about 65 calories in every 100 grams. Even, some vegetables have very low calories below ten calories such as arugula, romaine lettuce, spinach, coriander, and baby carrot. However, some of them also have more than 100 calories like green peas, yellow sweet corn, potatoes, yam, bok choy, and green cauliflower. Besides having low calories, vegetables have low fat and carbohydrate as well. So, if you need to lose weight, consuming vegetables in daily life can be a perfect decision.
Vegetables commonly contain low calories, but some vegetables can turn into having high calories, and it can be bad for your health. So, what kind of vegetable that has high calories? The calories can increase in vegetable if we add some seasoning or sauces into the vegetable. Furthermore, cooked or baked vegetables commonly have more calories. Therefore, to control your health, you need to know exactly how many calories that consisted in each veggie you consume. Check these amounts of veggies’ calories below to make the great decision in choosing daily veggies.
Low Calories Vegetables
Some vegetables not only have low calorie, but some are free of carbs also, for instance, spinach, asparagus, raw pumpkin, lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, cauliflower, celery, turnip, mustard greens. Those have below 25 calories in every 100 gram.
High Calories Vegetables
Yam, legumes, corn, peas, butternut, potatoes are kinds of vegetables that have high calories which are almost 100-gram calories in each 100 gram.
More About Calories in Vegetables
- Vegetable Nutrition Facts Chart
- Spock Would Say About Vegetable Nutrition Facts
- Why No One Talks About Kale Nutrition Facts Anymore
- How Lettuce Nutrition Facts Can Help You Live a Better Life
- The Best Ways to Utilize Spinach Nutrition Facts
- Broccoli Facts: The Ultimate Healthy Vegetable
- Nutrition Facts for Broccoli: The Perfect Vegetable for the Health Conscious
- Fight Cancer with Nutrition Facts Broccoli
- Doing Broccoli Nutrition Facts the Right Way
- Health Benefits Of Broccoli And Nutrition Facts
- How Calories in Broccoli is Part of a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
- Myths Uncovered About Broccoli Nutrition Facts
- Why Fresh Raw Broccoli Nutrition Facts Ain’t as Good as it Used to Be
- How the Sequester Affects Health Benefits of Asparagus
- Asparagus Nutrition Facts That You Should Know
- How Asparagus Nutritional Values Changed How We Think About Death
- The health benefits of Grilled Asparagus
- Asparagus Nutrition The Best Option For Child Nutrition
- What Jezebel Should Write About Asparagus Nutrition Facts
- Green Vegetables Nutrition Facts