Strawberries are a delicious fruit, and are popular the world over. All that sweetness comes with calories though. So how many calories in strawberries? This article will show you how many calories are in a strawberry, and also the protein and fat amounts.
The table below shows the calories in strawberries. If you want to know how many calories in a strawberry, you will need to weigh the strawberry and compare the weight to the table we have below.
|Strawberry Type||Calories||Fats||Fiber||Protein||Serving Size|
|Fresh Strawberries||46||5g||1.4g||1 cup|
Calories in Strawberries
As you can see from the table above, the calories in strawberries are actually not that high. In fact, the calories in strawberries are about the same as the calories in an orange (by weight), and much less than how many calories in grapes.
Strawberries also have other vitamins and minerals, most notably Potassium, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C. Strawberries also contain flavonoids, which are very beneficial from a health perspective. This tremendously versatile fruit can be used in cooking, or eaten raw as a delicious and healthy snack.
How many calories in a Strawberry?
How many calories in a strawberry will change based on the size of the strawberry itself. If the exact number of calories is important (such as when you are on a calorie restrictive diet), then it’s best to weight the fruit first.
Another factor that affects the calories in strawberries is how they are prepared. Raw strawberries tend to be the lowest in calories, but once they are included in a dessert dish the calories in the strawberries can escalate significantly. Dishes like Strawberry Shortcake, Strawberry Ice cream, and Strawberry Yoghurt all have extra ingredients that can push the calories in strawberries way up. This isn’t a problem by itself, but with some of the more complicated strawberry dishes it can be difficult to find out the exact number of calories.
Even though strawberries are often eaten fresh, there are many products available from the supermarket that contain strawberries, although these usually have added sugar, which increases the amount of calories in the strawberries. Strawberries are able to be frozen, used for preserves, and even dried for use in cereals. Most commercially available strawberry products are dairy based however, such as strawberry-flavoured ice cream and strawberry milkshakes.
Even though strawberries are healthy and nutritious, it’s still good to take into account the calories you consume when you have them. Decide for yourself “How many calories should I eat a day?”, and then factor strawberries into your eating routine. After all, strawberries are delicious, and fresh fruit should form a part of anyone’s eating plan or weight loss diet.
- Strawberries aren’t for everyone though, as some people with strawberry allergies can experience an anaphylactoid reaction when they eat strawberries.
How Many Vitamins and Calories in Strawberries
There are plenty of vitamins in strawberries. The table below shows how much vitamins there are in just 1 cup of strawberries:
- Vitamin A – 17 IU
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) – 0.035 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) – 0.032 mg
- Niacin – 0.556 mg
- Folate – 35 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid – 0.18 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.068 mg
- Vitamin C – 84.7 mg
- Vitamin E – 0.42 mg
- Vitamin K – 3.2 mcg
How Many Minerals in Strawberries
Strawberries also contain minerals such as Potassium and Calcium, the largest quantities of which are listed here (these figures are for one cup of raw, fresh strawberries):
- Potassium – 220 mg
- Phosphorus – 35 mg
- Magnesium – 19 mg
- Calcium – 23 mg
- Sodium – 1 mg
- Iron – 0.59 mg
- Selenium 0.6 mcg
- Manganese – 0.556 mg
- Copper – 0.069 mg
- Zinc – 0.2 mg
Strawberries are a fantastic and healthy fruit, full of vitamins and minerals. They are also great when you feel like nibbling on something sweet, but don’t want to consume a lot of refined sugars or fats, such as from soda, candy, or chocolate.
Related Page About Calories in Strawberries
- Why Cranberry Juice Benefits is the Secret Ingredient
- Health Benefits of Strawberries for Your Health and Beauty
- Why Health Benefits of Blueberries are the Secret Ingredient
- Folk Remedies for Improving Your Life Using Only Calories in Strawberries
- Facts About Calories in Blueberries That’ll Keep You Up at Night
- Strawberries Health Benefits & Nutritional Value
- Facts About Calories In Strawberries That’ll Keep You Up at Night
- Why No One Talks About Carbs In Strawberries Anymore
- How to Cheat at Strawberries Nutrition Facts and Get Away with It
- Strawberry Nutrition in your Diet
- What Everyone Is Saying About Strawberry Nutrition
- Strawberry Nutrition Insights
- What Everyone Is Saying About Blueberry Nutrition Facts
- Why You’ll Never Succeed at Blueberries Nutrition Facts
- Shocking Ways Strawberries Calories Will Make You Better in Bed
- Facts About Blackberries Nutrition Facts That Will Impress Your Friends
- Why Raspberries Nutrition Facts Will Make You Question Everything
- Why No One Talks About Strawberry Nutrition Facts Anymore