How many calories are there in a specific kind of salad? Maybe you’re wondering how much calorie you’re consuming every time you order a salad in a restaurant or you make some at home for a gathering or simple family dining. Provided is a list of recipe of different salad and the calories in salad.
The list below is some of the common vegetables added in a salad recipe based on every 100 grams per serving:
- Beetroot contains 35 calories in salad.
- Picked beetroot contains 30 calories in salad.
- Carrots have 32 calories in salad.
- Celery has 8 calories in salad.
- Cucumber contributes 10 calories.
- Pickled gherkins contribute 14 calories.
- Lettuce has 13 calories in salad.
- Pickled onions have 24 calories in salad.
- Spring onions contain 23 calories.
- Radish contains 12 calories.
- Tomato has 17 calories.
- Cherry Tomato has 17 calories.
- Watercress contains 22 calories.
Calories in Chicken Salad
- Chicken breast without skin contains 123 calories in salad per ½ small breast.
- Broiled, roasted, boiled, or baked chicken breast contains 184 calories in salad per ½ small breast.
- Broiled, roasted, boiled, or baked chicken breast without skin contains 123 calories in salad per ½ small breast.
- Chicken garden salad without dressing contains 58 calories in salad per 1 cup serving.
Calories in Caesar Salad
- Grilled chicken Caesar salad has 280 calories per 7 oz. serving.
- Half-portion Caesar salad has 200 calories per 5 oz. serving.
- Longhorn steakhouse Caesar salad has 295 calories for each 1 side salad.
- Togo’s chicken Caesar salad has 315 calories each serving.
- Cosi Caesar salad has 360 calories per single portion.
Calories in Tuna Salad
- Tuna salad has 755 calories per 410 grams serving.
- Tuna fish salad has 187 calories each 100 grams serving.
- Complete salad Nicoise tuna salad has 160 calories each serving.
- Potbelly’s Skinky tuna salad sandwich contains 452 calories per single sandwich serving.
Calories in Taco Salad
- Taco salad has 141 calories per 100 grams.
- Taco salad without dressing contains 520 calories per salad serving.
- Steak taco salad without shell contains 330 calories per salad.
- Taco salad with shell and salsa has 790 calories per salad.
- Beef taco salad contains 990 calories per salad.
The content of salad calories can vary depending on the added ingredients to it like the meat and dressings. The thing is to find the ingredients that are low in calorie content and incorporate it in your salad mixture. Don’t create heavy dressings, for you will lose the chance of consuming low-calorie salad. Although salad is the most eaten food for people who are on a specific diet, they should still watch what they place on their food. Some dressings have high-calorie content that won’t be beneficial in their aim for weight loss. There are various recipes for salads that state the calorie content, so it is better to follow those.