Wheatgrass is a plant that is grown for its Red Wheat Berry. Although it looks like common lawn grass, there are, however, substantial differences between the two. It is the juice that is extracted from the blades that has the health benefit of wheatgrass. This unique strain of wheat produces high concentrates of chlorophyll, active enzymes, vitamins and other important nutrients. Wheatgrass is a living food!
The Wonders of Wheatgrass!
The benefit of wheatgrass starts from its high content of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is the basis of all plant life. Over 70% of the solid content of wheatgrass juice is chlorophyll. What’s important is that chlorophyll has a chemical structure similar to hemoglobin, the substance in blood responsible for transporting oxygen.
Research has shown that consuming chlorophyll enhances your body’s ability to produce hemoglobin. Which consequently improves the efficiency of oxygen transport in your body.
Chlorophyll has also been shown to create an undesirable atmosphere for bacterial growth in the body. As a result, the benefit of wheatgrass is effectively increasing your body’s ability to fight illness.
One ounce of wheatgrass juice is comparable in vitamins, minerals and amino acids found in 2 1/2 pounds of green leaf vegetables! Wheatgrass is one of the richest natural sources of Vitamins A, B-17, C, E and K, as well as the complete B Complex. It is also one of the best sources for Calcium, Cobalt, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Sulfur, Zinc and 17 other forms of amino acids and enzymes.
The Benefit of Wheatgrass Juice
Some of the health benefit of wheatgrass and the juice extracted from it include:
- The most abundant source of chlorophyll.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Very similar to molecular structure of red blood cells. Enhances blood’s capacity to carry oxygen to every cell of your body.
- Purifies the liver.
- Rich source of vitamins A and C.
- Helps to heal sores and wounds quickly.
- Aids in constipation relief.
- Fights infection.
- Cleanses and builds blood.
- Improves condition of hair. Use it as a scalp treatment for lusterless hair.
- It can be used as a cleanser and astringent for all skin types.
- Stimulates circulation (add a few ounces to your bath water and rub into your
- A treatment for blocked sinuses (place several drops in each nostril).
- Considered as a complete food by many authorities.
The list of the benefit of wheatgrass goes on…
- Wheatgrass is an Energizer: Drinking wheatgrass juice will increase your vitality! Two ounces of fresh wheatgrass juice equals 2 1/2 pounds of organic vegetables in vitamin and mineral content—or the equivalent of two cups of coffee. All you really need to feel the amazing benefit of wheatgrass juice is to drink two ounce of it. You will feel refreshed and energized throughout the day!
- Wheatgrass Juice is a Bodybuilder: Because wheatgrass is very high in enzymes and chlorophyll (up to 70%) it is an important builder in your body. The chlorophyll molecule closely resembles the hemin molecule. The hemin molecule is the pigment that combines with protein to form hemoglobin. The only major difference being that the chlorophyll molecule contains magnesium as its central atom. Whereas, hemin contains iron as its central atom. In all other respects, the molecular structure of these two substances are almost identical.Because of this wheatgrass builds blood. Wheatgrass juice has been proven to build red blood cells quickly after ingestion. It also normalizes high blood pressure and stimulates the growth of healthy tissues in the body.
- Wheatgrass Cleanses the Body: There are many detergent-like abilities of wheatgrass juice that help to drain the lymph system. The lymph system is responsible for carrying many toxins away from body cells. For example, when an imbalance exists—sore tendons and joints, degenerative disease, etc.—there is natural build-up of mucous in the lymph in that area of the body. Wheatgrass juice breaks down the mucous, allowing it to drain through the lymph system.Because of this powerful cleansing action, wheatgrass may start an immediate reaction with toxins and mucous in the stomach and may cause nausea. Also, the chlorophyll will bring toxins stored away in cells or fatty tissues into the bloodstream.For a cleansing program, start with a one ounce serving of wheatgrass juice and work up to a larger serving size. Drink on an empty stomach. You can keep the juice refrigerated, but drink it the same day.
- It is a Wonderful Aid in Weight Control: The starch of the Red Wheat Berry is stored energy. It becomes a quick energy source when converted to simpler sugars. Wheatgrass juice is especially good for athletes because it is assimilated into the body in 20 minutes. Wheatgrass absorbs 92 of the 102 minerals found in soil. It also contains all of the vitamins that has been isolated by science. Since one ounce of the juice roughly equals 2 1/2 pounds of vegetables in nutritional content, it shuts off the appestat in the brain. This helps in weight control. Wheatgrass juice is so high in nutritional value that many people do not feel the cravings that lead to overeating! Who cannot overlook this benefit of wheatgrass juice?
- It can Contribute to the Reduction in the Risk of Developing Some Kinds of Cancer: The high levels of beta-carotene in wheatgrass juice may be the key factor. In a study at the University of Texas Cancer Center, Dr. Chiu-nan Lai, Ph.D. determined that chlorophyll inhibits the metabolic activity of carcinogens. He used the Ames Bacterial Mutagenicity Test to determine this. The 20-year study involved 20,000 telephone company workers. It found that a natural ingredient in carrots and leafy green vegetables significantly reduced the risk of lung cancer in cigarette smokers. It was determined that a diet high in beta-carotene negated the harmful effects of long term smoking.The National Cancer Institute reports that 19 of 21 studies over the years indicate that diets high in beta-carotene contribute to at least a 40% reduction in developing some forms of cancer.
- Wheatgrass Juice Reduces or Eliminates Body and Breath Odors: Studies have shown that chlorophyll when taken internally is effective in neutralizing odors. This can be odors in the mouth from food, beverages, tobacco and metabolic changes (halitosis). It also effectively neutralized odors from perspiration due to physical exercise, nervousness, menstruation, etc.
- Wheatgrass can Help Eliminate Dangerous Chemicals in Fluoridated Water: Adding one ounce of wheatgrass juice to a gallon of fluoridated water can turn the fluorine into a harmless compound (calcium-phosphate-fluoride).
Also, when used in wash water, wheatgrass juice adds softness to the face and hands. When used in the bath, the mixture of bath water and wheatgrass is very soothing. It helps to stop bleeding, itching, and helps sores and pimples to heal.
Additionally, fruits and vegetables that were contaminated by chemical sprays can be thoroughly cleaned. Use a mixture of wash water with a wisp of wheatgrass juice placed in the water to remove the contamination.
The Amazing Benefit of Wheatgrass. How can You Reap All of its Benefits?
Wheatgrass is valued highly by health conscious individuals because of its abundant source of nutrients. But due to the fibrous character of the plant, it is indigestible to humans. Therefore, to reap the benefit wheatgrass you have to consume it in a liquefied form.
Because of the amazing benefit of wheatgrass, you will need a juicer that has the ability to juice wheatgrass. There are several specialty juicers on the market that will allow you to juice wheatgrass.
This of course, is if you choose to juice your own wheatgrass at home, rather than going to a juice bar to drink your shots. Also, there are wheatgrass growing kits available that will allow you to grow wheatgrass on your own. Isn’t it wonderful? You have the opportunity to be self-sufficient and reap all of the benefit of wheatgrass—anytime you feel the need for a fix!
More Similar Post Like Benefit of Wheatgrass Juice
- Other post about health Benefits
- Black Pepper Health Benefits Worth Knowing
- How Safe are Children With Turmeric Consumption?
- A Few of Turmeric Benefits
- How the Sequester Affects Health Benefits of Asparagus
- How Health Benefits of Turmeric Made Me a Better Person
- Wheatgrass Health Benefits
- Wheatgrass Benefits
- Discover all the Wheatgrass Powder Benefits
- Get the Wheatgrass Nutrition Facts Here
- Whats the relationship between Wheatgrass And Cancer
- Wheatgrass Juice Benefits